Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week Two Reflection

Wow, two weeks have already gone by! It's weird to think that we only have four weeks left at home. So far, we have had four Modern Standard Arabic classes and they have been very challenging (I'll get more into that later). Everyone here is forming close bonds with each other and I have no idea how I am going to function when I get home.

A big adjustment for me was the way the teachers teach Arabic here. I thought we were only going to work out of Al-Kitaab and for six weeks it would an "on your own" sort of thing. However, in my class we use the book as a guide but we go off on our own discussions. Our homework so far has been to review everything we did in class and then we be tested on it the next day. It has been hard adjusting to this kind of teaching style but I feel like I'm learning a lot. Since I was placed in a higher level Arabic class, a lot more is expected of me in terms of vocabulary and grammar rules. However, even though it's hard at the beginning, I will benefit in the long run.

Since my blog title is called From Curry To Couscous, I think it is completely necessary to talk about the amazing food in Morocco. Since today is Friday, we go home for Couscous Friday and have lunch with our families. The couscous here is so unbelievable amazing, I can't even wrap my head around the amazing taste. It has been a little bit of a struggle since I am vegetarian but I have still managed to fall in love with the food here.

More updates in a few days for week three reflection!

No comments:

Post a Comment