Monday, June 25, 2012

Week One Reflection

Oh my gosh, one week has already passed. So far, we have been studying the Moroccan dialect, Darija, in class. It is completely different from Modern Standard arabic BUT tomorrow we will be starting modern standard arabic :)

I seriously love the people of Morocco. Some of them are disgusting when they cat call and disrespect us women. Overall, everyone here is so nice. This morning, I was waiting for my friend to get water and this guy came up to us and started talking to us in Arabic. It's nice to have people that are interested in you and where you came from. My family is so unbelievably nice. I can't get over how hospitable they are. Yesterday I brought a friend home and they immediately brought us juice and couscous. What I like most about my family is how close they are with one another. They don't necessarily like to go out and party all the time. They like to keep to themselves and hang out as a family all together. My host siblings are finally becoming comfortable with me and my roommate. So now, we've developed inside jokes and I've introduced them to my friends here.

I have probably been to the Souks almost everyday since I've been here. It's a really great place to hang out and find some really great deals on Moroccan goodies. Although, I would recommend going in the night time because it gets up to 113 Fahrenheit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment