Tuesday, June 19, 2012

أهلا وسهلا إلى المغرب! (Welcome to Morocco)

Today we arrived after our long journey to Casablanca! It was so exciting to get to Morocco and see where I will be living for the next six weeks! We are currently in Rabat for the night and we will say goodbye to the Rabat people and head over to Marrakech! The idea of going to Morocco did not really hit me until I was walking around in the city of Rabat. Before we even landed on Moroccan soil, I was able to see how generous Arabs are. The man sitting next to me would constantly ask if I was okay and would even climb over me so that he didn't have to wake me up. When the plane finally landed, everyone started to clap because they felt like they were home.

On the bus ride over, we jammed to classic Arab music and looked at the desert part of Morocco. Surprisingly, the weather here is splendid and it is not nearly as hot as I thought it would be. But, let's wait till we get to Marrakech and then we can talk about heat. Everyone here is extremely nice and we all have one common goal, to learn as much Arabic as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment