Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week Four Reflection!

Four weeks have gone by and I can still remember when I first stepped off the bus in Marrakech. I really am going to miss Marrakech. I've been learning a lot of Arabic and bonding with a lot of the people in the program.

On Monday and Tuesday the Rabat people came and that was an amazing. It felt so nice to interact and spend time with them. I forgot how much I miss everyone in Rabat. It was also sad because the next time we see them, we will be going back home.

Currently, I am in Essaouira and I can't get over how amazing the weather is. I've bought so much stuff it's insane. While I was buying hats for some family members, a middle aged man comes up to me and hits me on the shoulder and tells me in Arabic "Give me your money" and I just froze. He would not go away and he would not take his eyes off my wallet and he kept saying "give me your money" in Arabic. Luckily, the shopkeeper came and told him to go away.

I have been getting close with a lot of the people here and I really am going to miss everyone here. I've made great friendships and I feel like I've known these people for years and years. I've also gotten closer to my class and teacher. I feel a lot more comfortable asking questions and joking around with my teacher now. I can't even believer there are only two weeks left. I'm going to miss Morocco so much and I am definitely coming back to visit, inshallah.

I've really gotten to know myself and my capabilities throughout these four weeks. I've done so many things I never would have done back home. I feel so much more independent here and I love that feeling. I have a feeling when I get back home I will be depressed for about a week. I don't know how I am going to get used to not hanging out with my friends everyday from 9AM-9PM.

I'll be back next week with my week five reflection!

No comments:

Post a Comment