Monday, August 20, 2012

Post-Morocco Reflection

Wow! I can't even believe my NSLI-Y experience is over and I've been home for two weeks. First off, let explain why I did not do a week five and six reflection. The last two weeks of the program were very hectic and it was very hard for me to update y'all. Week five, we were in Essaouira which was such an amazing experience. Week six, we had final exams and we were getting ready to go back home! That was about it.

Now, onto how I've been since I returned from my trip. Morocco was by far, the best experience of my life. I have never met more amazing people and been in such a great country ever before. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing experience! I did not have much time to say my goodbyes therefore, I did not have much time to process what was happening when I left Morocco. However, when I came back home I just broke down. I missed Morocco so much and I kept asking myself, "Where is my host family?" I could no longer feel comfortable talking in Arabic freely.

Overall, NSLI-Y was the best experience I could have asked for and I highly recommend applying! I know I will be next year! I will be back with more posts about Morocco! 

No comments:

Post a Comment